How to file an Alabama unemployment claim
Workers in Alabama who have been laid off or lost their job through circumstances beyond their control are eligible for 26 weeks of general unemployment compensation, with up to 59 weeks available through unemployment extensions.
Alabama Unemployment Benefits
Alabama unemployment insurance can pay up to $265.00 a week for up to 26 weeks, depending on the base salary you earned before losing your job.
Filing for Unemployment in Alabama
You can submit an application for unemployment compensation in Alabama online or over the phone. You must have the following information available while submitting your unemployment application:
- Your Social Security number.
- Your complete address.
- The name, complete address and phone number of your most recent employer.
- The first and last dates of your employment.
- The reason for leaving your last job.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need your alien registration number.
- If you served on active duty in the U.S. military in the last 18 months, you will need your DD 214, Member Copy 4.
PA Unemployment Application
Alabama Online Unemployment Application: https://dir.alabama.gov/uc/Claims/default.aspx
Alabama Unemployment Application Phone Number: 1-866-234-5382
AL Unemployment Weekly Claims & Unemployment Extensions
You can file for extended unemployment benefits in Alabama, as well as make your weekly unemployment claim, through the online Alabama unemployment portal located at https://dir.alabama.gov/uc/ICCS/ or at your local Alabama Unemployment Office.